Thursday, March 09, 2006

Me, My Ship and the Beach - Part 1

Water all around me and the clear blue sky over my head. Yes, I was in the sea, commanding my ship, only the ship since I was the only person on board. It was like the ships that you see in pirate movies with huge sails and the captain at the wheels (steering wheel) guiding the ship by looking into his magnetic needle for the directions. The wind was pleasant and my ship was smoothly gliding through the waters (Of course there were dolphins also gleefully swimming along with the speed of the ship…Titanic effect!!!).

Suddenly my speed picked up tremendous speed, the sails very fluttering violently due to the strong winds and I lost my control over the ship. But still I enjoyed the high speed, it was like traveling on a bullet train, with water splashing onto the ship and the strong winds almost throwing me off the deck. Though I was shouting at the dolphins to try and catch my ship, the fear was always there in my mind “Where am I heading to??”

I saw some huge ships anchored and swaying wildly due to the wind. Luckily my ship did not crash with any of those and soon I saw land, a beach. I decided to jump off the ship as it was about to reach the sandy beach. It was no ordinary jump, it was a really long and high jump. I landed nearly a hundred feet in front of the ship. The ship had struck some stone and come to a sudden halt and this coupled with the strong winds had thrown me to quite some distance.

I knew I had landed in some port city but no idea where…Anyway decided to take some rest on the beach. But suddenly the tides in the ocean started growing in size and made me run for my life. It was not a tsunami but the high tide was enough to engulf all the fishermen huts that were present along the shores. People were panicking and a lot of people were being dragged by the sea waters. But humans would not let nature take them by surprise again. Immediately there were security people trying to take the people to high lands and helicopters were rescuing people who were caught in the waters. As people were fighting to hold on to the rope ladder thrown down by one of the helicopters, it suddenly broke and fell into the water with half a dozen people hanging to it. One end of the ladder fell close to me and in a flash, I took the ladder and tied it up to the coconut tree nearby so that people could hang on to it till help arrived.

Since this story is dragging on like a mega serial, will write it as two separate posts.

Cheers,

Agent Pal

No comments: